Happy New Year Everyone! I have been gone TOO LONG! Didn’t I say I wouldn’t disappear again? Sorry. I can’t even explain why I stopped blogging, except to say it was a combination of things. Some things you just can’t put into words. Hope I’m over it, whatever it was. This is a NEW YEAR and I’m ready for a fresh start. Should I introduce myself again? Hi! God is great and greatly to be praised!
No, I didn’t write a book since the last post. That would have been an excellent excuse to be gone THREE MONTHS! Glad no one was holding their breath waiting on me to come back.
Just read all the previous posts to see what I was talking about before. Wow! I should be ashamed of myself for stopping the flow. God continued to be in the blessing business while I was moping about not getting this job or that job.
Broke a seven-year CD to continue paying the bills. You do what you have to do.
God has never stopped blessing my family and me.
- In November, I forgot to move the car for the street sweeper and didn’t get a ticket.
- My mother is in good health and in her right mind at 77. Hallelujah! Her aunt and her best friend have dementia. On my father’s side, I have an aunt and uncle with dementia. It’s sad when you forget to cook, eat, bathe, take medicine, lose track of time, think dead relatives are still alive, hear voices all day long, hallucinate and are dependent on others to take care of you. The mind is a terrible thing to lose! Lord have mercy! Keep my mind!
- Worked on a month-long December project with a consultant. That was a blessing.
- Still have a LINK card and can get groceries each month with it. It is good until March. The fridge and the cupboards are full, and would be full even if I didn’t have a LINK. That’s an extra blessing.
- The last church outreach was going into a laundromat and choosing someone to wash their clothes. We were given a roll of quarters to do that. It’s a blessing to be a blessing.
- Grateful for a home with heat and a car with gas. I don’t take that for granted.
- My Pastor preached The Seven Deadly Sins Series in November. I am a sinner saved by God’s Grace and Mercy. December he preached the Birthing A Promise Series. You can stream our Sunday services at 9:30am, 11:30am or 1:30pm at http://www.newlifesoutheast.org (CST). Stream Thursday Bible Study at 6:45pm (CST) and 4am Prayer every second and fourth Tuesday at 4am (CST). God is awesome. I promise you, you will be blessed if you tap into our services. The website is http://www.newlifesoutheast.org
- The German Christkindlmarket was in Chicago 11/26-12/24. I made weekly trips downtown after church to get all the dark chocolate pineapple they had made up. It’s an annual guilty pleasure. I bought more this year than ever before. It probably shows on my hips and thighs.
- Got my mother out of the house a few times to go eat or to see a movie. It’s hard to get her out. I’m the same way – a homebody.
- End of November, there were a lot of tornadoes in Illinois. There was flooding and traffic lights went out. We had a windstorm in Chicago that messed up the roof. Shingles buckled and blew away. Called a guy I knew and got it fixed the next day for $100. Hallelujah!
- I attend a prayer group for women the first Saturday of every month. They prayed for all of the unemployed women there and declared we would have a job this time next month. I claimed it.
- December I took a much-needed break from Facebook. It’s time consuming and I needed a breakthrough before the end of the month, like a job.
- In November, I called a guy I knew from my old church because I had a question about my insurance policy. I just happened to mention to him that I hadn’t worked in 2.5 years. He was shocked. He said maybe he could help me with a part-time job. He told me to send my resume. He’s had a large insurance business for 40 years. He called me a month later in December and said he wanted to talk. We had an interview Friday, December 13th. He said he couldn’t pay me what I was used to making, but he would give me an Admin/Office Support position starting January 6, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, 9am to 4pm. Praise God!
It’s less than 30 minutes from home and I’ve known him and his wife forever from my old church. We were in the choir together! It pays to be nice to people. You never know how they will help you down the road. God worked that thing out! I give HIM the glory, honor and praise because I had been sinking in and out of depression for a while. God has brought me through countless things before. How could I ever doubt that He wouldn’t come through with a job, which I needed so bad! He’s an on time God! It’s a very nice, clean office building with less than ten people. Glory to God!
- I didn’t win the MegaMillions, but am rich in God’s love, Spirit and His Word. What more is needed? I’m already a winner!
- I entered a contest someone with a blog had to win a Kindle Fire even though I already have a 10 inch Samsung Galaxy Tab 2. Would you believe not even thirty minutes later, my new dentist office called to say I won their referral drawing (I’d referred my mother who had a lot of work done). Guess what the prize was? An iPad Mini! There was also headphones, a mug, tea and pens in the basket. What a blessing! I tried to give it to my mother, but it was wireless only and she thought it too much trouble to get her house wired for wireless internet. Oh well. She kept the mug, tea and the pens. LOL!
- Super blessed by my mother and brother for Christmas. I thank God for them.
Well, I tried to get you caught up on what’s been happening since I left. God is good all the time and all the time God is good. Testimonies Never Expire. Tell somebody, somewhere how good God has been to you. The Lord loves to hear your praise just like you love to hear praise. Show Him some love! He’s worthy of praise 24/7, 365 days a year. Every day is a day of Thanksgiving!